HOW TO BREAK UP
Learn how to confidently end relationships that aren't working so that you can free yourself up for a mutually fulfilling relationship
It’s so disheartening when you know that you need to break up but don’t want to, or are afraid of starting over, or you do break up but then lose your resolve and keep giving ‘one more chance’.
Breaking up isn’t a natural skill or something we’re taught before we embark on relationships, and I too struggled with endings.
This is exactly why I created How To Break Up.
When you take this course, while breaking up will still hurt for a time, you will have the mindset, tools and commitment to minimise the pain and end the relationship with love, care, trust and respect, so that you can make space for a relationship that’s more befitting of you.
When you have greater aspirations to settle down, to possibly have a family, or to certainly do something other than struggling, you need to end any relationships that are blocks to these.
You’ve devoted months or years to this person, yet the relationship doesn’t reflect your investment nor does it leave you feeling genuinely good about yourself. You’re not growing and basically being more of who you really are.
And yet, you don’t know what to do…
…Or you do but are too afraid to take the next step.
What if it’s really scary to be alone?
What if I have to use online dating or it takes a while to meet someone?
I help people who want to be in a long-lasting loving relationship, but who have a pattern of being in unfulfilling relationships or who lack self-confidence and self-worth, to develop self-esteem driven habits of thinking and behaviour so that they can be in the relationship they desire and deserve.
It has never been so hard to break up!
Between the ability to have a window into their life via social media, to casual relationships and stories about the scarcity of decent partners, it’s easy to grow in despair and doubt, and then get stuck.
What if this is as good as it gets?
What if I wait a bit longer / need less / try even harder than I already have?
What if they spontaneously combust into a better person in a better relationship as soon as you let go?
These thoughts are not uncommon, but if you don't understand how to break up and what necessitates a breakup, you will never know if you are staying or going for the right reasons, and will settle for far less than what you need, desire and deserve.
My ‘How To Break Up’ course will help you to make the decision to end things no matter which stage you are at pre or post-breakup. You will come away understanding and supporting your personal reasons for breaking up and with the tools to support you through your decision.
WHAT YOU'LL GET BY JOINING THE COURSE
- Two weeks of lessons in a mix of video, written and audio format which are all delivered on a specially created private and dedicated learning site, all of which can be digested at your own pace
- PDFs of worksheets, workbooks and resources to support your breakup
- Access to the incredibly supportive private Baggage Reclaim Facebook community
- One year’s access to the course content
- Invites to student/member-only content that pop up over the year
LEARN AT YOUR OWN PACE
The course is a mixture of video, written and audio lessons, which you can take whenever you like and regardless of timezone. The lessons remain online so that you can watch/listen/read whenever you like.
IT'S EASIER TO ENJOY THE LOVING RELATIONSHIP YOU WANT WHEN YOU BREAK UP FROM THE RELATIONSHIP THAT'S NOT WORKING.
- The breakup blocks that stand in the way of breaking up and staying broken up, and how to clear them
- The reasons why not all relationships work out, the true purpose of every relationship and the purpose of breakups
- Why breakups hurt and why you feel bad even though the breakup is needed
- The guiding principles of breaking up that will help you get in command of you but also help you to break up from a place of love, care, trust and respect
- How to end a relationship when they’re a lovely person but the relationship isn’t working
- How to make the decision to break up
- How to give yourself permission to break up including the indisputable reasons that make it necessary to break up
- How to break up with someone including what to say and how to say it
- How to not be swayed by the other person’s agenda
- How to reduce worry about the other women (or guys) they might be involved with and fears about them becoming a better person in a better relationship
- How to be okay afterwards and not be a ball of anxiety
- How to look ahead
- The types of behaviour and situations that necessitate bolting No Contact on to your breakup
Who this course is suited to
How To Break Up is aimed at people who are tired of getting run down by their breakups and having to spend so much time, energy, effort and emotions recovering.
Whether you’re currently in a relationship where you suspect that you need to break up…
…or you already know that you’re terrified of abandonment, rejection, being hurt etc., and that it’s affecting your confidence…
…or you’re too frickin nice for your own good during and after a breakup, and can’t afford to give up anymore of your self-esteem…
…or you want to get back into dating and relationships safe in the knowledge that you will act in your best interests even in the face of short-term discomfort…
…or you’d like to break up with less drama…
…How To Break Up will build up your leaving skills so that when you do decide stay, you have the staying skills to remain for authentic reasons.
I can't do the breakup for you--believe me, I've been asked!--but I can help you to break up with dignity and from a place of love, care, trust and respect for the both of you.
IS THIS THE SAME AS THE NO CONTACT RULE BOOK?
No. This course isn’t really about No Contact although the subject will be touched on. The course is purely about learning how to break up by getting into the right mindset, attitude and behaviours to support your decision and needs.
IS THIS COURSE SUITED TO EVERYONE WHO NEEDS TO BREAK UP OR WHO DOESN’T KNOW HOW TO?
Well, no course is suited to everyone. How To Break Up isn’t suited to people who aren’t ready to be out of the cycle yet, and this is okay. It’s totally normal to have a level of fear around breaking up but if you’re in that space where you want to talk about what’s wrong but not take any action and you feel super attached to your pattern and how you see things, this isn’t the course for you. It might be one day, but not right now. The course also isn’t aimed at people who want to use breaking up as a weapon.
DO I HAVE TO SHOW UP AT A SPECIFIC TIME?
No. Learn when you want, as and when you’re ready. Do it at a pace that suits you–this is your journey.
CAN I SPREAD THE PAYMENTS?
You can spread the payment over two months. Please get in touch directly about doing this – firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT IS YOUR REFUND POLICY?
On this style of course, you can request a no-questions-asked refund up to the end of day 2 of the course. Should you request a refund beyond this point, you will need to send in your completed course materials. If you were not a member or student prior to this course, access to the private Facebook group will be revoked and the student discount for future courses etc., won’t apply.
Want to get a taster of my range of knowledge about breakups?
Check out some of the episodes of my spin-off podcast series, Why Did We Break Up?
Why Did We Break Up? | Don’t You Want Me? | The Affair | Love’s Young Dream | Let Me In | Moving Goalposts | Save You, Save Me | A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss | Behind Closed Doors | The Special | Where’s My Boyfriend? | Dungeons & Dragons